Town Hall

Miaoulis Square
One of the largest town halls of the country, the work of the German architect Ernst Ziller, founded in 1876 and inaugurated in 1898. The building - an emblem of Syros with its special and impressive 19th century architecture, with marble columns and beautiful ceiling paintings, impresses all visitors.

Apollon Theatre

Hermoupolis
The Italian municipal architect P. Sambo undertook the design of the APOLLO Theatre and supervised its conslruction; the theatre is considered to be a miniature of La Scala of Milan in its original form. Work on the APOLLO Theatre started in March 1862. Its inauguration was held on 20 April 1864 with a performance of Verdi's Opera "Rigoletto" by an Italian Opera Company.

St. Nicholas Church

Hermoupolis
The Church of St. Nicholas is a magnificent Byzantine Church near Miaouli square that began to be manufactured in 1848 according to the designs of G. Metaxas and the consent of King Otto. The church was finally completed in 1870. Saint Nicholas, patron saint of Ermoupoli stands out for its lavish interiors and impressive architectural structure, the icon of St. Nicholas that was silver-plated in Moscow, the despotic marble throne, the pulpit and the marble iconostasis that was designed by George Vitali.

Vaporia

Hermoupolis
The district Vaporia is perhaps the most beautiful of Syros. It is located north of the harbor, in the eastern part of Ermoupolis. It is built next to the sea with wonderful captain houses that seem to hang over the rocks. Affluent refugees from Chios, Psara, Kasos and Crete, coming in Syros after the devastation of their homelands during the Revolution, they had built their mansions in such a way over the waves, like ships, Vaporia.

Saint George

Ano Syros
Saint George is the Catholic diocese of Syros. Built in 1200 on the highest point of the hill of Ano Syros it has undergone numerous renovations and reconstructions over the years, the latest being that of the Tinian architect Chatzisimos. It is a large complex including the Church, the Bell Tower, the baptistery, the sacristy, the hospitality room, the historical archive building, the Episcopal Palace and an abandoned house. The Cathedral is a three-aisled Basilica with marble columns.

Ano Syros

Medieval settlement
Ano Syros was founded in 1200 by the Venetians and continued to be inhabited throughout the course of history while maintaining its Catholic and medieval character. A city characterized by countless steps that pass by the white houses and arches at the edge of the hill leading to the top of the village where the Catholic Cathedral of Saint George is situated. The town was created gradually, amphitheatrically on the rocks like a natural fortress so as to keep its residents safe from several attacks while the exterior walls of all houses formed a natural fort protecting the locals from the raids.

Industrial museum

Hermoupolis
The Industrial Museum of Ermoupoli was founded in 2000 by the Center of Technical Culture and it is housed in 4 industrial buildings of the 19th century, the Kornilaki Tannery, the Skagiopoieio Anairoysi, the Velissaropoulou weaving mill, the Katsimanti paint factory against the General Hospital of Syros. The Museum hosts a collection of tools, equipment and machinery from the Golden industrial era from loukoumi workshops, to textile, tanning, printing, machinist’s craftsmanship and glass workshops as well as a digital audio and visual archives with testimonies from former workers.

Archaeological museum

Hermoupolis
The archaeological museum of Syros was founded in 1834 and it is one of the oldest museums of Greece. Since 1899 it is housed in 4 rooms of the City Hall of Ermoupolis and offers an independent entrance from the historic square. The Museum’s collections include exhibits such as the Amfikypellon, a tubular cup 15 cm in height from the end of the 3rd millennium, a compass, a vase 7 cm in height from the second half of the 3rd millennium, a marble statuette of a female figure 35 cm in height from 730 BC and other artifacts, sculptures and inscriptions from the early Cycladic and Byzantine period. The museum also hosts works of the archaeologist Christos Tsountas.

Neoclassical Mansions of Della Grazia

Poseidonia
The Neoclassical Mansions of Della Grazia adorn the island of Syros with their exquisite architecture and lush gardens. Their name derives from the old church of the Virgin Mary and they are considered a favorite upscale holiday resort by the locals while their privileged location near the port enables visitors and locals alike to moor their boats and speedboats at the village’s dazzling coast. The intriguing fragrances coming from the gardens and greenhouses located in the surrounding area add a romantic touch to the already magnificent ambiance. Some of the most famous villas and mansions at Dellagrazia are Villa Giannikoglou, the Talaki House, Villa Valma, the Georgiades Tower as well as the villas Lily, Rethymni and Petritsi.

Cultural Center

Hermoupolis
The Cultural Center of Ermoupolis was built in 1863 under the supervision of the Italian architect Pietro Sampo. Its monumental appearance stands out for the marble parapet, the balcony, the walls, the toscanic columns, the stone pitching with the filled joints and the cornices. The building was initially under the rule of the Italians and was soon bombed, suffering many damages. By 1970 the building was home of the Hellas Club and soon it began to house the Cultural Center of Ermoupolis which organized various kinds of events until 1998 when it was renovated and began to also house the Convention Center. The mural decor was badly damaged and was later restored by the painter Anna Vasilakis.

Exhibition of Markos Vamvakaris

Hermoupolis
The exhibition of Markos Vamvakaris captures the artistic nature of the island through the exquisite collections of the composer. A voice perfectly intertwined with the rebetiko song managed to travel the Greek people to the beauties of Syros with the most beloved Frangosirian, thus showing his love for his own place. In return for their love for this inimitable songwriter, the Syrians set up the Marco Vamvakaris Museum in a refurbished but old house in the heart of Ano Syros to once again take visitors through the eyes and life of this beloved Remba. through his own photographs, personal belongings, handwritten texts and lyrics, but also through a half-hour documentary in his honor that is displayed throughout the museum's operation. Both the bust in the homonymous Square and the Museum pay tribute to Rebetikos' Patriarch.

Exhibition of Traditional Occupations

Hermoupolis
The Exhibition of Traditional Occupations is located in a building on Don Ioannou Stefanou Street in Ano Syros and it is an exhibition of objects used by Syrians in their daily lives. From the barber's scissors, the fisherman's bench, the carpenter's tools, the farmer's farm utensils, the beekeeper's smoking and various other household items such as oil lamps, lamps and sewing machines, visitors will walk around the museum. older seasons of the island. The Fair of Traditional Occupations is open to the public from early June until late September.